Thursday, August 7, 2008

Long Long time ago!!!

Lets play.........Long Long Time Ago!!!!! OK let's step back in time.....
Pleasing Procrastinator and I worked at a bar.......I know I know, we used to be Bar Wenches...go figure......Anyway.....When you work at a bar you kinda get territorial over the Jukebox
What plays
How many times something is played
When it's played
Now there are songs that get played that you have to let play 'cause people like them
Of course Bar Staff had the veto remote....and wasn't afraid to use it!!
Well one night as I was running my ass off.....it occurred to me that a song that I absolutely loath was playing .......Bohemian Rhapsody.........
Before you start in on me let me tell you a few facts.....
Any song you like , you will end up hating ,if you hear it to much.
Any song you Loath, you will end up looking for a gun to shoot the person responsible who played it!!!
Well this night I'd had ENOUGH!!!!
As I slammed my tray down next to PP , I defiantly looked around and said
"Who the FUCK keeps playing that song?!!!!!!!! It's driving me Bat Shit Crazy.......(betcha didn't know bat shit was crazy?)............I'm gonna kill someone!!! Help me find the jackass that's doing it , will ya?"
She looks around trying to pick who.
For the rest of the night I watched the Jukebox.........but somehow that fuckin song kept getting played!!!!!!
I was fit to be tied, even started asking the Regs to help me see who it was!!!
I never figured it out......hmmm........a mystery ........
Then
About a year later PP and I were Having some drinks and that song started to play.....as I looked around angrily...... I heard hehehehehe....giggle giggle.....coming from PP
In a small voice ...trying to sound innocent she says
"It was me that played that song, I love it"
Well what the hell could I say? She got me good! ..............But don't feel to bad for me I got her back.......That's a story for another time!!!!!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Boy, no wonder you were MIA! You were working up the nerve to tell that story, then take cover! I love it! Of course the picture on PP's site is worthy of a couple of payback stories. I can hardly wait.

PinkPiddyPaws said...

ha..ha..ha.. Will you do the Fandango? ha..ha.ha.. :)

Holy Crappers said...

So glad you are back in action on blogspot dear. Thought we might be seeing your face on Nancy Grace this evening and them interviewing PP about your whereabouts.

I love that song !!

#1

Big Hair Envy said...

TOO FUNNY! The jukebox in college caused me to LOATHE the song "Knights in White Satin". Not that it was one of my favorites to begin with, but the 100,000th playing of it just about sent me over the edge!!!

Pleasing Procrasinator said...

roflmao....I have tears rolling down my face from laughing so hard. I knew after the first line where you were going. I heard it the other day on the radio and thought of you as I chuckled.

Keeper Of All Things said...

Grandma J------That nasty Pic she posted of me will not soon be forgotten....I'm working on getting a scanner...then WATCH OUT..I've got pictures!!

Pink----Just reading the words still make me uptight...lol

Holy Crappers----if we ever get to drinking ....Promise me you won't break into song!!!

Big Hair---You are feeling my pain....i like that

PP---if anything should ever happen to me ...I want that damn song played at my funeral...so evryone has to sit through the whole damn song!!!!

Pleasing Procrasinator said...

What? What?
There are no zits jumping out at us.
You've got on shades and you're smiling.
I figured the beach was where you could be found so I posted a picture that would shows you in the element.
Really man, I was just so worried.

Caution/Lisa said...

Sorry, but I'm with PP on Bohemian Rhapsody. Just don't start Freebird when I'm nearby.

Anonymous said...

Poor Freddie...Let's all Bless ourselves....shall we?

peace
#2

Snooty Primadona said...

I remember tending bar in Aspen and going batshit over the same songs being plaued over & over, lol. I guess that's just a *bar thing*.